What to expect from your physiotherapy session
Initial appointments will last approximately 1.5 hours, with follow up appointments being 1 hour so please allow plenty of time for your sessions.
- Please ensure your animal is clean and dry ready for examination before the appointment time.
- In accordance with the Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966, veterinary consent is required before physiotherapy treatments can take place. Please ensure you have a completed Veterinary Referral form at your initial appointment.
- A detailed patient history will be taken to ensure that the treatment given is the best possible for your animal.
- A static conformation assessment will be completed, followed by an assessment of gait and lameness. This will require a suitable place to watch your animal move. For horses, a suitable, flat trot-up area will be necessary.
- The therapist will then provide tailored treatments to target the identified problem areas. For large animals, please ensure a dry stable or shelter is available for use.
- Exercises will be recommended (if necessary) and demonstrated for the owner to carry out after the physiotherapy session. This ensures that the patient receives maximal benefit and increased speed of recovery. The therapist will ensure the owner is happy and confident to perform all recommended exercises and will tailor the exercises to both patient and owner ability.
- A detailed report will be sent to you via email after your session and will include any details of prescribed exercises. A report will also be sent to your veterinary surgeon.
- Horses or competition animals will require at least 48 hours off work post-treatment so please schedule your appointments accordingly.
Initial appointments £45.00
Follow up appointments £40.00
For multiple appointments in a single location, cats, rabbits, or farm appointments, please contact Pawsitive Steps directly.